Now Offering EyecareLive
Download the App
Scan the QR code to the right. Register for your account using your phone number or email address. Allow access to the camera and microphone.
*Available for iPhone 6S or higher and Android 9.0 or higher
Select My Account, complete the following sections: Personal Information, Payment Information, and Insurance Information.
Schedule a Virtual Visit
Select Start a Consultation, select your Payment Method, choose your type of visit, and Follow instructions.
Your Virtual Visit
The doctor will call you via the app during your scheduled time unless otherwise communicated.
Open your smart phones camera and point your camera at the QR code.
If you are currently experiencing an eye emergency or urgency that needs to be addressed soon, and you are unable or (due to recent COVID-19 recommendations) are uncomfortable coming into our office to see the doctor in person, we at Bristol Family Eyecare Georgetown have set up a HIPAA compliant platform in which Dr. Dan Bristol can visit with you and tend to your needs via a webcam meeting. This platform is private, HIPAA compliant, safe and easy to use.
You will need a smartphone or tablet (Apple or Android operating system) with a camera and microphone.
In order to request a visit like this you will need to do the following:
- Download the App by searching for EyecareLive in the Apple or Google Play App store or Scan the QR code.
- Register for your account using your phone number or email address. Allow access to the camera and microphone. *Available for iPhone 6S or higher and Android 9.0 or higher*
- Complete Registration : Select My Account and complete the following sections: Personal Information (including personal and family medical history), Payment Information, and up to date Insurance Information (note: when entering member ID information, if you are unable to enter any letter, enter numbers only. The picture you will take of your insurance card will have the full member ID listed as well).
- Find Dr. Dan Bristol on the EyecareLive app by selecting the Find a Doctor section on the apps home page and typing “Bristol” in the search bar. When Dr. Bristol’s name and picture shows up, click the option to set him as your preferred provider.
- To schedule a Virtual Visit, select Start a Consultation, select your Payment Method (bill insurance or self-pay), choose your type of visit (use the General Consultation option), and follow the instructions. For your Virtual Visit, your doctor will call you via the app during your scheduled time unless otherwise communicated.
Payment for these visits may be billed to your medical insurance depending on your plan and deductible (Medicare). It will not be covered by your routine vision insurance plans (VSP, Eye Med, Superior Vision, Spectera, Care Credit etc). We are participating providers for all of these insurances but please call ahead of time with any questions. Your normal copay for the visit will apply; or you have the option of self-pay for the visit through the EyecareLive App. Please indicate which you would like to do through the app when you schedule the appointment. If you are having any trouble getting an appointment scheduled, please call our office.
Please understand that the purpose of telemedicine eye health visits is to treat eye problems such as eye pain, eye infection, itching eyes, watery eyes, and burning eyes, along with other acute eye problems. This telemedicine platform will not allow us to perform vision rechecks, update glasses or update contact lens prescriptions as online virtual vision checks are very unsafe and unreliable at this time. For patients who need an extension on glasses or contact lens prescriptions or to pick up glasses or contact lenses already ordered please simply call our office at 512-641-4422.
We certainly hope that this new Telemedicine option will aid any of you needing urgent eye care during this difficult time for our country
Best Regards and Good Health to You and Your Family,
Dr. Dan Bristol